Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECMB fuse blown? Truck just dies like ignition dead?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by performance1, Aug 5, 2002.

1. performance1

performance1 Registered Member

This info might save someone hours of headache that I recently went through:

About 6 months ago I was on the freeway going about 70mph downhill when my ignition just died. Pulled over and figured out that I had popped the 10amp ECMB fuse. Replaced it, and went about my trip with no problems. Just last week, I had the same thing happen again, but became a real pain when I started popping these fuses (With resulting engine stalling) at the rate of one fuse every 2-40 miles.

Must be a common problem, because dealer was quick to deduce that issue was with defective fuel sending unit, located in gas tank. Expensive fix ($284 part at Napa, plus $50 more for new fuel pump, all AC Delco), but everything works great now!

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

A few years ago, I had an ignition module go out, blew the fuse. Injector went out, blew the fuse, then after all was fixed, all was well.