Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ecmb

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blackBart, Aug 6, 2005.

1. blackBart

blackBart Newbie

Changed the Ignition Module 3 times w/grease. ECMB fuse keeps blowing. Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

2. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i have the same exact problem. alot of people will tell you differant answers some of the time it is because of the fuel pump but MOST of the time it is a short in the wiring. check all your wiring. i think the fuel pump, the relay, oil pressure switch and the ecm power is on that fuse. i would go ahead and check all the wiring.

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

The fuel pump turned out to be the problem with mine. I found out by cutting the power wire to the pump and installing new fuse and it didn't blow til I re connected power to pump. Could also be a short. Troubleshoot it, I would start with the relay. A meter is your best friend here..

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Find what else is hooked up to the ECM B fuse (relatively certain it's been discussed here) and then go after that specific wiring.

5. blackBart

blackBart Newbie

Tested Module

The Module is still good. The fuse is still blowing.The wiring problem is that i have a Vipor System installed by the previous owner and the wiring is a mess. The systems siren is out so I don't even use it but i can't tell what it is connected to. I still use the remote lock but the auto start is out too. Does anyone think this is the prob and WHY!?!? Bought a new coil to see if that will do it but still thinking it is a wiring prob. THanks for all the previous replies...it all helps! :confused:

6. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

trace EVERY wire to make sure none of them are grounding out on anything

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Try this: Unplug the fuel pump relay on the firewall and turn on the ignition if the fuse blows the problem is from the relay back, if it doesn't the problem is forward of the relay to the pump, either a short in the wiring from the relay to the pump or the pump itself.. I know that when the relay goes bad it just doesn't work the pump and it doesn't blow the fuse.