Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Eco terrorists

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by rhino105amx, Dec 14, 2006.

1. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Was he placing cables with no warning marker, something meant to hurt people?

Stupid, stupid, stupid. If he has a beef there are proper chanels.

EDIT: I see. If prisons weren't so crowed I'd suggest locking him up. He could have easily maimed or killed someone. Another example of extremism at it's finest, all that matters is a singular viewpoint.:screwy:

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Proper channels indeed : coroners office , mortuary , pallbearers ( if the greenies can lift the guy whos full os **** ) , hole .

Thats what would of happened if any of my family or friends had suffered serious injury .

4. rhino105amx

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

WOW , even the hippies won't accept him .

In the 30 years the self-proclaimed "radical nonconformist" has lived here, Protiva has not been at a loss for ways to defend his turf. He recalled how he:

Scared off a Hollywood crew filming a commercial in the Coconino Forest with his 12 dogs,

Trucked his dead horse to the Peaks Ranger District office with the intent of leaving it on their doorstep,

Logged trees too close Schultz Pass Road right before a motorcycle race

Built small blockades around Elden Tank to keep campers out

Uprooted and replanted Forest Service signs to put them where he wanted them.

In the case of the filming crew, the workers asked him to leave.

"And I said, 'Get the hell out of here,'" he recalled screaming at the Hollywood executives while his dogs chased the models riding bicycles.

FIRED THREE TIMES

Protiva has protested the war in Iraq, burned both Bush presidents in effigy, protested Nixon, been fired thrice as a Bureau of Indian Affairs teacher, been fired as a Park Service employee and called a communist, he recounts.

Protiva once wore a sandwich board sign that said "Smoking causes cancer," and he attempted to get into every shot while a tobacco company was filming at Wupatki National Monument.

His name is so familiar to law enforcement officials that he was the first suspect they thought of when a woman recently reported being threatened on a trail by a bearded man holding a rock, telling her she was on a trail illegally and had to leave.

The man in that case was never found, but Protiva admits to one such act.

Protiva formerly worked as a maintenance man at Wupatki National Monument, where he once sat all night in a boat hoisted to the top of a flagpole to protest the beginning of that war against Iraq.

He suspects the local Flagstaff Activist Network has not accepted him because he's too radical, he said.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

So it's ok for him to live in and use the wilderness / enjoy nature, but no one else is allowed the same opportunity.

:rolleyes:

It's mine, mine, mine, all mine!

7. FWP

FWP CRS

You know what struck me the most? The majority of sane intellegent replies vs. the emotional nonsense from the 2 or 3 Enviros. I'm sure others see that as well, including the USFS.

8. rhino105amx

What is scary is how many of them think that stringing a wire across a trail with the intent to hurt someone is a good idea if it protects the environment.

9. FWP

FWP CRS

Too bad you couldn't convince them that killing themselves would protect the environment :haha:.

On 2nd thought, maybe we could :haha:

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Damn I used to ride my xr400 up there. The trails are beautiful, technical and ...deadly? At speed, you dont really notice stuff like cables on a trail. Jeez, that could kill a rider or worse... maim him and leave him overnight to freeze to death or die of exposure. That guy needs a severe ass-stomping. Sorry, but f-n owls will adapt to the very minimal noise that 4-strokes (the most common trailbikes used up there) make. Sheesh, the freaking forest service uses 4 stroke Polaris quads like crazy.