Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ecobit wrtie up?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MudNurI, Feb 25, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

With all this talk about cages- and the fact that spring is just around the corner,,,has anyone done a write up on the completion and install of echobit's full cage?

I have searched and read everone's post regarding it, but can't find an in depth write up about it....anyone willing to dish information would be great...

I cant take my top off without a cage-(the trucks top you sicko's) as the little angels that sit in the back are too precious of cargo to risk their heads hitting the pavement.........

thanks
    Brandy

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The diagonal beam inside the main hoop is located at the top of the drivers head rather than the passenger since the drivers seat slides forward and back to make room(not the passenger seat which only tips forward

[/ QUOTE ]

from the site---my passenger seat slides- doesnt tip???

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

newer model. Most K5 pas seats flip fwd & do not adjust fore & aft.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

the cage is for 70 something to 87....mines an 86...am guessing that it wont work with my 86, since I need the seat to be able to slide.......would defeat the purpose of putting a cage on if I cant get my kids in.......

guess I'll send um an email

Brandy

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

There is a write up in the works out there but it's not completed yet. The main hoop can drop on either side by request, but by default I ship them with the bar dropping on the passenger side to accommodate for most peoples fixed rear seats and what would result in headrest contact. Yours could work either way. The diagonal bar, while a little inconvenient to the rear passengers legs on the drop side, is necessary to provide structural integrity. I'm tempted to make that diagonal bar removable for daily driving but worry that people would go wheeling without it so its welded in at this time. The cage fits under the stock hard top with room to spare. I'm working to get one installed in a full top off truck (pre 76) right now which has double walled floors, the later half tops are easier to mount to the floor. I need to get more recent pictures up on the site that show the plates at the feet. Most of the kits I have built have gone out as a sleeve assmebly rather than bolt together assembly so that they could be welded in place, this also saves money.