Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECU conversion instructions Eprom to Flash

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by 88-383, Jul 8, 2006.

1. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Thought I'd share a link with you guys. I converted my ECU to a flash chip for ease. The stock chip has to be ersaed via a black light, a long slow process. After this mod, you simply just tell the software to erase it and you're ready for the next .bin file.

It took me a little over an hour to do working nice and slow. The results are well worth it. I installed a ZIFF socket for my chip and now I can remove or insert it in seconds. The newer style chips can be blanked and rewritten over and over without failure.

Also JFYI the original chip 2732A is getting very hard to find and is no longer produced.

http://www.moates.net/gmecm/g2/G2.htm

Kelvin

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is what I did too. Only way to go really.

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Does this allow you to rewrite on the fly much like flashing the prom on newer vehicles? I do not see what this gains other than ease of removing the chip.

Ira

4. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

Not sure about on the fly flashing, but it is big enough for multiple .bins. The main advantage is the ease of erasing and removal. With the stock chip, erasing is kind of hit and miss while it sits under a UV light.

My truck is running pretty darn good now, but I've had the chip in/out dozens of times in a very short period of time. Craig Moates has some really neat stuff on his site for our TBI applications. Who knows, he may allready have the flash on the fly parts.

KM

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Can you load multiple set ups on the same chip and have a switch like the 6 gun bundle from banks to switch from say stock to my HP or TQ but when you have to smog you flip the switch to stock.

Ira

6. southernspeed

eeprom will hold one .bin. However, most tuning programmes will store as many tunes as you like so you simply pull the chip, reburn it and go for a drive to test results. With a laptop you can go out on a drive and test several tunes.

7. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

8. southernspeed

I'm not sure about that but if you contact them direct you'll get all the help you need. I called them when I was getting all my burn stuff together and he was real helpfull.