Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ECU reader ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyTrucker, May 7, 2003.

1. ChevyTrucker

ChevyTrucker Registered Member

Does anyone know of a web site where I may find an ECU reader program to use with my laptop ? I refuse to pay $$$ for something I can diagnose myself if I already have a laptop. Thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know of a web site where I may find an ECU reader program to use with my laptop ? I refuse to pay $$$ for something I can diagnose myself if I already have a laptop. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

You can test anything with the above. But I also want a way to hook to a laptop. I'm outfitting my tow rig with a Laptop to run with the GPS and figured it would be fun to be able to real time monitor the burb as I go. DVD to keep the kids happy.

4. ChevyTrucker

ChevyTrucker Registered Member

Cool thanks ! I have a multi-meter also..Just dont know how to use it all that well on various auto applications. Thanks for the info! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hit the links post and there is a bunch of FI related sites listed. 3rdgen has some good information on it using basic stuff like multi Meter and test lights. Factory service manual has it as well .