Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock 1406 - Brackets and Cables

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Aug 2, 2005.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I just got a Edelbrock 1406 to install in my 86K5. It will be installed on top of an Edelbrock 3701 Performer Intake. I have a 700r4 tranny.

According to Lokar I need the following hardware to make this carb work with my setup...
    Throttle Cable - TC1000HT
    Kick Down Cable - KD2700HT
    Bracket - SRK4000
    EGR Adapter - EDL1476

These all appear to be stainless steel cables and brackets and I don't want to spend $100+ dollars for all of this if I don't need it.

Can I get away with using all of the stock cables and simply purchasing this TCI corrector kit instead (TCI-376710)?

2. XCUATRO

XCUATRO Registered Member

I just did that same setup as yours but on a 1976. Ended up using Edelbrock bracket #8036 for the tranny kickdown and throttle cable. Check out www.edelbrock.com under installation items. Hope this helps. :crazy:

3. trailblazer86

trailblazer86 1/2 ton status

After all the money that I spent on my Adptabrock, and now someone makes a kit?
    The EGR adapter is nessarry, the Cables and brackets will surely make the insatllation much easier.
    I am now running the old Quadrajet to make sure the TV cable adjustments are correct. These parts look good to me and I will also be spending the money for the brackets and cables
    Thank you for letting me know.