Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

edelbrock 1406

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k20, Oct 3, 2005.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Hey guys, buddy of mine wants me to sell his edelbrock 1406 carb. Problem is, its missing, according to this, http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_exploded.html #14, the "Choke/cam connector rod". Edelbrock still hasnt replied to my email about just getting this rod, so I ask y'all, what other carbs will this part interchange from, or does anyone have a spare laying around (yeh right like thats gonna happen)? Thanks guys.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

That part should be interchangeable with a carter carb (I have a spare, but want to keep the carb in one piece as it is in good shape). If youre interested in my carter carb or can convince me to part with #14, pm me.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Thanks anyway man, edelbrock, FINALLYYYYYYY replied, only sent em an email at 10am fri. They sell the rod, but of course it comes in some $15 linkage kit, cant just sell the $1 rod.

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Yup, pretty much what I thought it would cost. I fyou built the entire carb at piece by piece prices it would probably cost $2000 by the time you finished!