Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock 1904

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 86K5TrailBlazer, Jan 21, 2002.

1. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well my carb is surely busted now, so i order a Edelbrock 1904 Q-Jet , thing is my current setup is a electronically controlled unit and the 1904 isnt, is it as easy as swaping in a distributor with vacuum advance and bypass the computer or am i missing something

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Something is missing...and sad to say it is that you won't pass smog without all that stuff hooked up[​IMG].

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

but will it run right? smog is an issue ill deal with next year, for now . .. . ahh i take the 5th

4. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Yes it will work. You will just have to play around with vacume lines to get right.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

5. 86K5TrailBlazer

awesome thanks for the help Dan.

6. scavenger

scavenger 1/2 ton status

I did the same thing to my 85 with a 305 motor and 700R4 tranny. All I did was get a non-computorized distributor from a 1979 4x4 and basically rebuilt it putting in a new module,stator, and new vac advance unit. Then located the ECM behind the glove box and unplugged it. Installed new distributor, slapped on new carb. There was an issue with the timing and I had to advance or retard the timing but I don't remember which way. Since you may have to pass a smog test down the road I would try to leave the vaccum lines and hoses connected where possible. Also there is a fuel tank vent hose running from the charcoal cannister that connects to your present carb (I think that is where it was connected) that shoud not be blocked off. I routed mine back into the cannister. I was told by another member that blocking the vent hose or leaving it disconnected could be very unsafe. Good luck