Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock 1910 - Installed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Mar 8, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

All right... I got it installed... and took a test drive. Sad to say, that I am really disappointed with the lack of power vs. the Holley. HOWEVER, after playing in the snow a little bit, I can say this for the 1910... I CAN'T MAKE IT STALL! I can climb anything, and the carb just keeps right on running just as smooth as it was on the street!

Granted I have not done ANY tuning on the carb yet, I slapped it on and drove off basically. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I had glanced thru the manual and noticed that there are a lot of tuning tips there that may need to be done to make this thing work in tip-top shape. Any good suggestions from peeps who already have the 1910, as to what to do first to make this poor QJet happy? I need my top end power back!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Tuning the secondaries is where you'll make the top end gains back. Spend some time reading the book that came with the carb first though. I doubt you'll ever match the Holley's top end, but it should come reasonably close with some tweaking.

Rene

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Cool somebody other than a magazine to test it out. What kind of angles did you test at? Did you try to drive up a wall to see if it would stall before your flipping point? The 1910 will most likey replace the edelbrock I have now.

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I did drive up a wall.. matter of fact, I nearly set the truck on the rear bumper! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif I go tthe front tires about 7-8 feet off the ground.The truck didn't choke, stumble, or bog at all at a extreme upward angle, or on slanted surfaces. I have tried everything but a "nose down" test. LIke I said, the stability of this carb makes up for its lack of top end power. I am satisfide with the way the carb operated "out of the box", but I am sure that with some tweaking, the carb will be top notch.

Hope this helps!

-Dan

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Cool thats what I wanna hear let me know when you do a nose test.