Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

edelbrock carb (1406) 600 cfm

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by radar, May 23, 2002.

1. radar

radar Registered Member

just bought a edelbrock carb and intake for my 86 k5 blazer which has a smallblock 350 . My rig is just a pavement pounder I know some people dont like these carbs for off roading. I am wondering if any one has used the 1406 edelbrock carb and hooked up there vacume lines for the emissions stuff.

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

What emissions stuff?
    I have a 1406. I have one line hooked up for vacuum advance to the distr.
    The other line is the ported line for PVC. There is a third non-ported hookup, but it is capped because I don't need it.
    -- Mike

3. Jay73K20

Jay73K20 Registered Member

Your PVC line is not ported it is manifold vaccum. The 1406 is a good carb, just get the spring loaded off road needles and make sure the floats are adjusted properly after the installation. I acuatally ran my floats lower, but I have a carter fuel pump that keeps up with out a problem.

4. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

WEll I am looking for one as of now! Soon as I get it and run it I will get back with you. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif