Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock carb and Intake.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77K5Blazer, May 7, 2001.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Mar 11, 2001
    I am contemplating an Edelbrock carb and Intake, and I was wondering if anyone has done it, or has numbers. I have no clue what kind of emmisions crap my blazer has on it, it is an 89 crate motor with stock Q-jet, that originate in cali. How do I find out exactly what I have, and what I need to get. I am interested in the performer intake and 600cfm carb, what do you guys think?

1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs [​IMG]
  2. you wont like the edie carb off road. get the performer with the spread bore and keep the q-jet. best off road carb. one of the mags did a comparison between holley, edelb., and q-jet and the q-jet won hands down. i had an edlebrock on a j**p of mine and it sputtered with one tire on the curb.

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>
  3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Feb 24, 2001
    I agree, stay away from the little square bore AFB edel. Spend a few extra dollars and get the Q-Jet version. I've run both and I can guarantee you the AFB stinks off road. I returned mine within 48 hours. And don't let anyone tell you the "off-road kit" will fix it up. I was personally told by Edel techs (more than one!) that it was only a marginal improvement. It helps but still does not even get close to being in the same league as the Q-Jet. That Edel Q-Jet totally rocks right out of the box...

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.