Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Carb Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Aug 28, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im having a problem with my carb it keeps sticking I need to know what the factory adjustment is for the screw below the idle screw on the linkage its not the two on the front or the idle screw its the other one :doah:
    I think i figured out why its cutting out now the electric fuel pump is connected through the mechanical one so im gonna disconnect it and hook it directly to the carb hope that works ;)

2. Mad-Dog

Mad-Dog 1/2 ton status

I only know of 2 external adjustments on a Edelbog.......idle speed and idle air/fuel mixture, are you referring to the fast-idle solenoid if so equipped :confused:

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Carb Screw Location

The screw I am referring to is below the linkage you have to hold it open full throttle to be able to adjust it and see it. I think that it has something to do with the movement of the butterflies on the front of the carb. It doesnt have a selenoid anywhere that I am aware of. this carb has in front the 2 mixture screws and on the linkage it has the idle screw but below that if you open the throttle all of the way you will see the other screw that I am talking about

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

u have 1406? if not what one u have