Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock carb?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by highlow, Sep 9, 2005.

1. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know what the factory settings are for a edelbrock 650 cfm performer carb?

2. highlow

highlow 1/2 ton status

come on anybody??????????

3. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

If your trying to set the idle mixture screws what I normaly do is turn them all the way in then back them out 1 1/2 turns. Start the motor. Turn one in until it starts to sputter then back off 1/4 turn. Then do the same to the other one.

4. alfieboy

alfieboy Registered Member

hi all wa shere earlier..

working alot so Im putting my truck up for sale: richmond va area-804-283-1951........almerickparker@hotmail.com
    Vehicle Description

Up for sale is 1987 Chevy Blazer .Very good shape for the year. I will tell the story here:

I am the 3rd owner of the truck. Never been in any accidents that I am aware of besides minor dings.It has Approx 142,ooo or so on it. The only thing basically original is the engine and body.Engine is a 5.7l TBI v8 that dosent leak or burn oil. Engine is a K code ..Recent VA Inspection.Has sunroof that dosen't leak .

AC IS COLD..very COLD..heat is Excellent..mileage is very good...truck is mechanically sound.

Truck has power locks and windows & full gauge set.

I purchased truck 4 years ago no plow or hitch or such. I bought a new plow and had it PROFESSIONALLY installed. It is a Fisher RD series 7 1/2ft heavy duty plow.PLOW HAS APPROX 1 YEAR OR SO FACTORY WARRANTY FROM FISHER! Plow seen maybe 9 pr 10 plows since installed..Like new! New controller and $130.00 carbide cutting edge and bolts as well.Receipt in truck

From that point I replaced many parts and first was to replace the fuel tank /sock with a new tank. Since I was back there I added a new Husky class III/IV hitch.

Here is a comprehensive list of all parts replaced to date .majority was within the last year or so...most are actual GM replacement parts.Majority I have the receipts for some I don't but the parts & work are VERY VISABLE.

From front of truck to back here is a list of parts replaced:

New Radiator : New Battery : New 180 AMP alternator :Secondary wire to handle excess voltage :New Terminals and cables: New water pump:New themostat (180 deg) and cap (10lb). Hoses replaced: Fuel Pressure regulator assembly (GM): Wires-cap-rotor [autolite with lifetime]:ALL EMMISION PARTS REPLACED ---- EGR valve: MAP sensor: Throttle position Sensor: New o2 sensor: Air Filter: Breather Filter : Thermostatic Fan Clutch: AC Compressor : Dryer: Orifice Tube: New Starter(GM): 4 new headlights: 2 new off road lights: NEW double steering stabilizers replaced new: New Pads in front:New Calipers in front: New front wheel bearings in&outter : New u-joints in front axles:new upper and lower ball joints installed:New Front Steering components installed [tie rod ends-drag link,etc] : 4 new shocks on quad front suspension :New wiper motor in front : New ignition switch & keys: New AIWA stereo/cd player: new 6x9's in front doors:New 6x9's in rear seating area:New 8 " subs and small amp in rear:new floor mats: (4) NEW BFG All Terrian KO 32x11.5x15 tires!: rebuilt 700r4 tranny: new steel tranny lines hand bent: new trans cooler installed:new ds window lift motor installed: new amp install kit ran to back area: new exhaust [ 3inch] from cat to rear exiting on driver side behind tire-stock location : New gas tank & sock: New hitch installed: driveshaft replaced: new u-joints in driveshaft: 2 new rear shocks installed: the 10 bolt POSI rear is completely new!-REBUILT AS WITH new axles,HD bearings,seals,outerbearings.pinion.clutches.fluid : New rear drums : New Drum Brakes: New brake hardware * springs :

rear tailgate power window motor replaced:rear window regulator cable replaced new (GM): Rear window seal replaced new (GM)

The hose 3inch or so hose connecting fuel filler replaced.

Wheel nuts have all been replaced. Good spare. I know there is prob more I just can't remember everything Im sure....

Now- I will describe flaws/problems to best of ability----

1) E -brake cable needs to be replaced in middle area. 1 part broke no big deal.

2) minor rust in wheel well

3) little more than minor rust in rocker panel area not a total disaster by no means.

4) minor scratches and I know 1 small ding in left reat tailight area.

5)DS seat has a small 3 inch rip on right side.

6)Pass window goes down with ps switch,but only up on ds-BUT have th enew motor to fix that problem for the pass side door also. Just didnt install yet.

7) trck has 3 keys not 2 due to replacement of doors and locks- 1 for doors-1 for tailgate-new 1 for ignition.

This is a EXCELLNT work /daily driver truck which will not fault in any way shape or form. Willing to assist in any way to help deliver if needed. TRUCK IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE LOCALLY IF SOLD I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END AUCTION!!!!!! ANY OFFERS ON TRUCK THRU INTERNET POSTS OR EBAY WILL BE CONSIDERED.... TRUCK WILL BE SOLD TO ANY REASONABLE OFFER GIVEN WITHING WHAT I AM ASKING...DO NOT HESITATE TO COME AND EXAMINE TRUCK IF YOU WISH! ANY AND ALL BIDS/OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.....THE ONLY REASON I AM OFFERING TRUCK FOR SALE IS THIS: I BOUGHT TRUCK..LOVE BLAZERS....GM TRUCKS.....BUT WANTED A DIFF TRUCK TO DRIVE SMALLER BLAZER FOR WORK..AND WORKING 60-70 HOURS I DONT HAVE TIME TO USE THE PLOW OR TRUCK TO ITS POTENTIAL PAST YEAR SO I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE SOMEONE WHO DOES LANDSCAPING/PLOWING THE OPPORTUINITY TO GET A GREAT TRUCK THAT IS DEPENDABLE AND CAN MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUCK WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS -NO WARRANTY IMPLIED - BUT IT IS A GREAT-GREAT TRUCK AND WHEN SOLD WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.. I HAVE ALOT OF MONEY & TIME INVESTED.

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

6. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

7. alfieboy

alfieboy Registered Member

spam

wasnt really trying to spam..signed up here some time ago.. and thought Id give the guys a chance to but the truck.. but I dont want to pay for a subscription that I wont ever use dur to working 65 hrs 6 days and trying to sell the blazer to someone..I apologize.. intention wasnt to deliberately ---SPAM--