Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Elite Series Air Cleaner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I just got a set of Edelbrock Elite Series valve covers and love them. I want to get the matching air cleaner for them. I have a vac line related to the vapor canister (line comming of a little canister shaped do-dad by the A/C compressor, line goes to the front of the cleaner) and was wondering if I could hook this into that open cleaner. It says something about having a provosion for a PCV valve line. My PCV line ends at the carb but could I just use the provision they gave for the PCV? Also do they come with the element or do I have to shell about more $$$ and get one. Thanks [​IMG]

Oh by the way '82 Blazer, Q-jet, Crate 350 (originally came w/305), and has the really tall air cleaner in it now.

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

If we are talking about the same thing, my buddies came with a crappy paper filter.

[​IMG]

3. Blazer_Boy

lol, i still can't get over your pic, gotta respect that authority. The cleaner I'm looking at is supposed to the their fancy stuff, better at least have some cleaner in there. I guess it doesn't matter too much because I'm getting a K&N but I gotta recover my cash supply because everything for the covers rang up at $150. I just haaaaad to get the fancy $30 Fel-Pro gaskets. Here's a pic of it, its the one on top.

[​IMG]

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

4. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

I like the old tall factory air cleaner myself, not real pretty, but completly inclosed and pulling cool air from the frount grille. My engine jus loves that cool more dense air from the outside instead if the hotter less dense from under the hood.....

1985 Blazer, 305 soon to be a TBI 350, 700r4, msd ign, 3.43s, headers, 31x10.50x15s

5. redbeast

redbeast Registered Member

By the way , whats a canyanero ????????

1985 Blazer, 305 soon to be a TBI 350, 700r4, msd ign, 3.43s, headers, 31x10.50x15s

6. Blazer_Boy

Its from the simpsons. Homer wanted to get a truck and he bought the biggest four wheeler he could get, the canyonero! There's a funny a$$ commerical on the show and everything Go to napster and put in simpsons under artist and canyonero for the title. Your gonna laugh your butt off when you hear it.