Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Fuel Injection?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dragricinMT, Dec 8, 2001.

1. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

OK, I finally have the cash to upgradee to fuel inj. I am looking at the pro-flo system from edelbrock. Has anyone used this or running it now? I would be interested in anything anyone has heard about this system.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Talked to like one guy who had it and he liked it a lot.
    This is the system I am going to get when I have the money.

I like the driver calibration module that is like a remote that mounts on the dash... You can play with the idle speed, idle mixture, timing...etc.

The thing I also like is that I could buy the system, fill out the PROM request card where you tell them your cam spec's etc.
    and install it on my 355 engine... THEN, when I want to build up a radical 415sbc engine all I would have to do is fill out another PROM request card with the new cam specs and all the info about the new engine, and about $60 later i think...
    You have a new PROM chip that you can install very easily, and the pro flo fuel injection system is calibrated to that new engine.
    I decided to go this route rather than TPI, because I believe I would have to get all aftermarket stuff...runners, intake, throttle body,etc. and/or do some porting to flow enough for a 400+ cid engine...
    PLUS.. having to take the TPI system to some place with a laptop and the software to calibrate the TPI to the bigger 415 engine.
    In the long run it would probally cost me more money than to get the edelbrock system... that flows up to 1000cfm.
    Once I get that $1,925.00 saved up I'll be buying that proflo system too.
    my 2 cents for ya

3. jberg62

jberg62 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I just joined this board. I put a Pro-Flo System onto my zz4 crate engine,which lives in my '77 Blazer. It worked out great.
    Here's a link to my <a target="_blank" href=http://jim.artistnation.com/jimstruck.html> '77 Blazer Page</a> (If the pages don't open up after you've clicked on the links, just click refresh...they work, I tried them!) I've since added a ram-air typr air cleaner to it so that it's not sucking up all the hot under hood air. I'll post a link to it when I can find the photo.
    Here's a quick write up of what I went through when I installed the Edelbrock system. All in all it was a heck of a lot easier than I'd of ever imagined. Oh yeah, the prom chip is free once you buy the system. You just have to mail the yellow card back after you receive the system and write down your camshaft profile. They send you a new chip that's matched to your cam in a couple of weeks or less.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.artistnation.com/members/lofts/jim/proflo1.htm>Here's my Pro-Flo installation</a>
    I lucked out too. When I bought it from Summit, I had just gotten a 10% off coupon a month earlier, so it only cost me $1725. It came in handy...and right on time too!
    Hope this helps you out a bit.
    If you have any more questions about the system and how to use it etc. just PM me.
    Talk to ya later.
    Jim