Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock multipoint Pro Flo system?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ryan_B, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Ryan_B

Ryan_B Registered Member

Anyone got the Edelbrock Pro Flo system on their smallblock?
    The 4 barrel 1,000cfm throttle body complete system is selling for $1,925 from summit.

Anyone have any oppinions about this system?

I was looking into swapping a TPI system onto my blazer's current 350, but I don't think it would flow enough when I build up a 400+ cu. in. smallblock. Without serious porting!

I like how theres even a driver calibration module that mounts on the dash... from the drivers seat you can adjust: Air/Fuel Ratio, Idle speed, Ignition timing.
    And if you build up a different engine all you have to change is the custom PROM chip designed to your camshaft specs.

Any input is appriciated.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: Edelbrock TBI Pro Flo system?

I looked at this system recently during the Hot Rod power tour, and from what I saw, it's really impressive. I was told by an Edelbrock rep that the 4bbl system will work on any motor, where the 2bbl caps out around 300 HP. Personally though, I'm poor so I'll take an Edelbrock Q-Jet.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.coloradok5.com>http://pugsley.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Re: Edelbrock TBI Pro Flo system?

I was looking into the Pro-Flow system. It's not a TBI system that I know of. The one I know of is a port injection system. I hear that it is a pretty good system.

You may know that I'm building up a TPI system and will be putting it on my Blazer. Most of the parts will be aftermarket (SLP, TPiS, etc.) or heavily modified (overbored stock throttle body, heavy porting, custom-mapped PROM, etc.). I think that a system such as this can keep up with a 400+ CID engine at pretty high revs. The problem is that putting it all together will cost more than the Edelbrock system.

4. Ryan_B

Ryan_B Registered Member

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo system?

Steve-
    your absoulutely correct (again) ... The edelbrock pro flo system is not a TBI system it is a Port injection system.
    I got it a little confused because this system has a 4 barrel throttle body (similar to TBI), but it is port injection because it's got an injector for the intake runner of each cylinder.

I thought about doing the same as what you're doing with the TPI system, getting aftermarket parts like- large tube runners, big mouth intake, Larger throttle body, larger injectors...etc...
    to flow enough and not restrict a large displacement engine.
    But like you said, it would be more expensive to do than buy a pro flo system.
    Besides, if I was building a TPI system, I'd want to get all the externals polished. An additional $500-600 bucks.

I'm real interested to see how your TPI system works out, I'm sure you'll take tons of pic's of the process and keep us posted when your done.

Anyone else have an oppinion on the edelbrock fuelie system?