Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock offroad jet kit. Worth the money?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Well, trying to get my rig ready for its maiden crawling debut next month. I am running an Edelbrock 1406 carb and it hates inclines, usually loads up and dies. I looked up the Edelbrock offroad jet kit through work, $29.99, I was just wondering if anyone has tried one and how well they work. I am not expecting miracles, but it would be nice if my rig would stay running while on an incline. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

TIA,
    Krennen

2. avgas

avgas 1/2 ton status

you'll still have problems on inclines, the offroad kit really just helps for bumps. in my experience anyway.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No carb really works well for inclines. I have the same problems as you do with my Edelbrock. I'm very disappointed in how horrible it is.

This has motivated me to attempt switching to TBI. Until then I guess I'll just suffer. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The two best offroad carbs i have seen and heard of are the Qjets and the Holley truck avengers. I have heard the Edelbrock, Carter, standard Holleys suck for offroad because of the design of the carb.

FI is the best choice for angle though. I have seen an FI rig literally run on its side without so much as a hicup.

Harley

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I'm going to just rebuild the Qjet that came with my BBC for that reason. The 1407 Edelbrock is horrible in bumpy situations. Flows good. Drives great on the street, but what fun is that?

6. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

My edelbrock did pretty good. I got that kit at Advance auto parts for $15. Also addded a pressure regulator that made the biggest difference hands down.

7. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i did my edelbrock with the kit and it runs good on incline and decline.sideways to about 15 20 degrees also.

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

K-dog, I've seen one in action and it was no bueno. Runnin' the staircase at Draper, as soon as the nose went up, it died. You know the story. Redneck fuel injection (Qjet), or the real thing. Got one in the shed waitin' on you /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

John