Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock or Holley

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JoseK5, May 2, 2002.

1. JoseK5

JoseK5 Registered Member

I'm shifting from carb to multi port fuel injection, any advice, Holley or edelbrock?

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Holley all the way! What kits are you looking at? You may also want to look into the FAST systems or Haltech.

3. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Do you have any websites for FAST systems or Haltech?

Thanks, Shane

4. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

Chevy and Hot Rod did a article on Edlebrock's fuel injection system closed loop on a 454. Installation seems straight foward and I believe Stephen ran one in the TTC. But you will have to save about 2500 for the system.

Eat More Mud!!!

5. CaptCrunch

Here is Haltech... basically it can use stock GM wiring from differnet applications and you can make a pretty cool cutom setup. I design one of these for a 34 Ford using a Holley manifold with injector bungs and ford SVO injectors. Made a real nice set up on a 351.
    http://www.haltech.com/index.html

FAST is the old Federal Mogal system all redesigned. It is very much like the Holley top of the line systems, except for your injectors options. The couple of guys who I have talked to that had it on their car really liked it's options, but it is very like Holleys top of the line system. Either make a great setup.
    http://www.fuelairspark.com/

There are quite a few new setups coming out... if you want to get a feel for these setups try and find some real serious import racers. Aftermarket fuel management takes a while to tune in but the power and reliability is awsome. Many of the setup can get some awsome mpg because they have highway kickdown modes to lean out. I'd also suggest downloading some sample software from different places so you can see how it is and how user friendly it is.

6. CaptCrunch

oh yeah... BTW... customer service is DEFINETLY something to be concerned with if you aren't to up on how these systems work. They can be very complex at first till you get some base specs in that are decent. I Have alwasy been very happy with Holley's srvice and I talk numerous times a year with their reps. I have also talked with a represenative from FAST and they are helpful as well. Although ideally if you are scared, go for an Accel system. The Calmap software is pretty easy to use and there are a ton of peolpel out on the net that have these systems, have base specs you can downlaod and different manuals. I would bet there is a mailing list out there somewhere as well.