Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Perf or RPM

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by nyyef, Dec 12, 2000.

1. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

looking for a recommendation......Edelbrock Performer or PerfRPM intake. 350, 4spd. rarely rock crawls (almost never)....mostly highway, desert and sand dunes. also will go with new edel. quadrajet, will also install a compextreme cam.
    TIA

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

From what I've read, there's not a great difference in performance between them, but it depends on what you're looking for. If you want better take offs and more low-end torque, get the Performer. If you want more high-end torque, like for passing other cars, get the Performer RPM.

Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

I have the RPM and I really like it. It has plenty of low-end for me and the better breathing up high is great on the highway. That's what you'll need for dune-running and highway stuff. Go with the RPM.

My .02,

Buddy

I've got my dream truck and it's a 72 K-5 that is getting there!!

4. JimmyDie6.2

JimmyDie6.2 1/2 ton status

I've used both on my trucks before. If you tow a lot or have dead gears use the performer. If you have tall gears and a stick or rev a lot use the RPM. there really isn't that much of a difference though. Both will work, for either application.........js

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

The boys at Car Craft magazine have done some dyno tests to see how different manifolds compare. Even though it goes against all the other advice out there, they found that the single plane Edelbrock Victor Jr. gave up very little on the bottom end and had much more on the top end when compared to the Performer RPM. You might want to chat with the folks at Edelbrock to be sure you get exactly what will be right for your needs.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com