Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock performer intake advice

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88blazer, Oct 28, 2000.

1. 88blazer

88blazer Registered Member

I know someone that has a Peroformer 2-O non-EGR intake forsale. He only used it for a couple weeks then went to a single plane.
    I was thinking about putting it on my rebuilt '72 402 BB. It is stock except for a mild cam and MSD ignition. It needs a new exhaust so I was kicking around the idea of headers and an intake.
    Right now the low end is awsome so I don't need any improvement there, but it dies at 4000rpm. Would the Performer be a worth while investment? I need more top end power.
    I would put my stock Q-jet back on it since it was rebuilt less than a year ago.
    Tomorrow (10-28) is the only time I have the chance to see this guy, so any help would be appreciated.

Hit? Those tires rub . Rubbin' is off roadin'.
    http://www.personal.psu.edu/bjh182

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I can't answer your question but if you do go with this use anti-sieze before putting any bolts into it or be sorry later.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

3. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

Not sure about your application but mine improved. I think it was worth it, guess it depends on how much he wants for it.
    Good luck.

Go heavy or Go home[​IMG]

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

It will be an improvement over the stock intake. If you really want higher rpms, get a Performer-RPM, or maybe a Weiand Stealth.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]