Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazingItaly, Sep 7, 2002.

1. BlazingItaly

BlazingItaly Registered Member

I'will swap my stock engine with GMPP universal 350 rated 250 hp. I will keep Q-jet and considering headers and true duals.What to do with intake manifold? Keep mine or go with performer?
    What you think about? Is it worth the money?

Thanks for your help

Luca

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

hey, i just put mine on and i hafta set the timing then ill pm u with how i like it

NITRO

3. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I went with the Weiand intake, it is rated the same as an "EDPER", the differance is it cost less.

4. Shralper

Shralper Registered Member

Personally I'd go w/ performer or performer rpm. No headers but duals w/ something like flowmasters. Quiet, yet still throaty and more hp! Quadrabog carbs are nice if you can get them tuned right. But that just takes alotta time and hangers and rods and maybe a couple jets vs. Holley. I can do them w/ you eyes closed. As always it boils down to a well tuned carb or good ol' efi! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i am running the 260hp GM motor, Summitt Headers, Kustom curve HEI, Performer manifold and well tuned Q-jet.

i am happy with my results.

6. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

When I put my performer intake on my 350 it made quite a bit of difference. I didnt notice much more HP but I could deffinitely tell a difference in torque. Plus it's a lot lighter and dissipates heat better than the stock intake. Check out swap meets or local for sale adds, I picked mine up for $60 at a swap meet and it was in decent shape.

7. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

I just put a performer-eps and edelbrock 600cfm on my 85 and like it alot better than the stock setup. But if you want to use the q-jet with the eps you will need a square bore to spread bore adapter plate. As for the exhaust I put hooker comp headers and their dual kit on with some cheapo turbo mufflers, I like it but I wish I got better mufflers. hope this helps, Chris <font color="blue"> </font color>

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I swapped in a performer a few months before my truck was pakred for the current project, it's great. Noticable difference in low end torque and throttle response. Definately get the regular Performer over the RPM though, the RPM is designed more for high RPM (aka street). </font color>

9. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

While there's a post on carbs, I thought I'd ask a question /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .

There's a 73 350 in my 74. It's actually out of a Camaro. I was looking at the RPM Performer, but I guess I won't now. The carb on the truck now is electric choke (not the original one). Can I go with the Model 1904 (Edelbrock). It's listed for 80's 350s. Is the only difference the choke? I want to stick with electric choke.

Thanks!!

10. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I'm running a Performer RPM on my 350 300hp crate motor. I would like to swap to just a performer. This RPM obviously makes its torque (very obvious when driving) after I am moving up to RPM's I stay well away from.

11. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Why would you want to swap it? Can't you just rebuild the one thats on there now?

12. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

"Damned fool, I knew he was going to say that". /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'm not looking to buy one right now. I'm just trying to figure out which one should go on there so I can keep my eye out for a deal on one. I do plan on pulling the current carb off to rebuild it though.

13. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Noticed your post and I live in the bay area too (member of NCBD also) and wanted to ask you where/who tuned your quadrajet? I'm having some troubles with mine (starving engine of fuel at steep angles) and need to get it dialed.I've tried all I can do and took it to a local offroad shop...they told me floats and needles were fine but that I should add an auxilary electric fuel pump because the mechanical one was probably having trouble pumping from the tank at gnarly angles. Any help would be appreciated...

thanks-

Nate

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well, my Krew is a bunch of resident mechanics. We just kinda mess with it till it gets better or blows up. We might be having a shop weekend later this month. I'll let you know...

15. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "Damned fool, I knew he was going to say that"

[/ QUOTE ]

that was Han Solo's line to Ben Kenobi after they were dragged in by the Death Star's tractor beam.

do i get bonus points for knowing that /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ?

16. 85Jimmy

yes the 1404 will work but you will need a spread bore to square bore adapter if you use it on your stock intake, But if you get a edelbrock intake no adapter is needed. hope this helps u, Chris /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

17. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

I just put a Performer on my '86 w/ a 305 and I love it! I can finally tell that the engine was rebuilt. You may be able to find one in the parts for sale board for pretty cheap. Definately better than the stock "boat anchor" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

John

18. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

that was Han Solo's line to Ben Kenobi after they were dragged in by the Death Star's tractor beam.
    do i get bonus points for knowing that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my upmost respect for being a fellow Star Wars fan (or at least someone who's seen it enough to know the lines /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ). Or I can give you Whose Line is it Anyway points (the kind that don't matter) /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif .

19. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

yes the 1404 will work but you will need a spread bore to square bore adapter if you use it on your stock intake,
    But if you get a edelbrock intake no adapter is needed. hope this helps u, Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought mine ia already spread bore (it's not the factory intake either). The carb on there has the small primaries and the really wide secondaries. Can you have square bore with that setup? If so, is there anyway I can check without pulling off the carb?

20. 85Jimmy

is there a brand on the carb anywhere or any model numbers?maybe its an old thermoquad? Chris /forums/images/icons/confused.gif