Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Performer Throttle Cable

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mastiff, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have an 83 K-5 that originally had a 305 with Q-jet. Now I have a 350 with an Edelbrock Performer. Thing is, the throttle cable mounting place is all wrong now. It works and everything, but the Q-jet must have had the throttle attachment much lower and further inboard, because now the cable goes up from where it mounts to the engine at almost a 45 degree angle to get to the carb. It also goes out, because the original thing that the cable attaches to on the carb sticks out about two inches (does any of this make sense?). Because of the angles, the throttle response is bad because it takes a decent amount of foot pressure to overcome the funny angles - so I jackrabbit start more than I'd like. I think I should be able to find a new cable-to-carb adapter that is shorter, but I'm stumped on how to deal with aligning things up and down. The thing that the cable mounts to is sort of an elaborate bracket with other lines routing through it. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Thanks.

2. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

Go to the auto parts store (Schucks,Knechts,thrifty /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif,Auto zone ect)And by an adjustable throttle cable bracket!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifAround $10 I believe and they are CHROME!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifYEAH BUDDY! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif YEE-HAW!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif