Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Quad. 1903 - Anyone have it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Nov 27, 2001.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I just ordered one from Summit. Should be here tomorrow. Does anyone have this carb? What is your opinion of it?

Guess I shoulda asked before ordering it, but I got anxious.

Oh.. btw.... The vibration problems I was having were solved with new U-Joints. Thanks Frizzlefry! Thank god it wasn't my Tranny Again!

2. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I use to have one in my 75'. Its definately is a great carb. I was on some decent steep angles with it and it kept on ticking. Later down the road, I bought the electric choke conversion kit for it. Much better start in cold weather with the electric choke vs. manual (atleast that was the case for me). When I checked later, I should've just bought the 1904 from the beginning, (same as 1903, but with electric choke), b/c it's only like $10 more or so. Nothing beats the TBI I have now though.
    Boss

Pic of my truck Before N' After
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter</a>

4. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Mines an 86 so I have the 1904 which has the electric choke. Its an awsome carb. You may wanna do what Boss did in his 79 and put the electric choke conversion on it. Like he said, it will give you beter cold starts. Of course if Boss did it, you should do it. If I could afford it, I would do everything the Boss did. His new rig is sweet. (theres a little plug for ya Boss man)
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

5. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Mines an 86 so I have the 1904 which has the electric choke. Its an awsome carb. You may wanna do what Boss did in his 79 and put the electric choke conversion on it. Like he said, it will give you beter cold starts. Of course if Boss did it, you should do it. If I could afford it, I would do everything the Boss did. His new rig is sweet. (theres a little plug for ya Boss man)
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

6. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks. Being that I am in California, i shouldn't need the electronic choke. Though I wish I knew it was the same carb before I ordered it. My carb should be here today. Summit is always soo fast. Glad to hear you guys are happy with yours... Hopefully i will be too. I spent 200 having my original carb rebuilt by some flaky [censored] and my b/f isn't to happy about me turning around and spending another 400 on a new one now. We'll see. If it cures my problems it'll be worth every penny. And hey.. My carb will match my shocks! I have never been disapointed with anything edelbrock.

Sara

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I have the Edelbrock #1904 carb on my K30.
    I like it, but only when its working good. Seems to flood to easily. Guess I need to take it to a real mechanic and have him tune it properly. [​IMG]
    Yeah, this carb was a little spendy at around $450, but it was worth it when compared to the old Q-J it had on it before. [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am running the 1901 sence like 95 or so. I never had any issues with it until my last road trip to Pismo. My rig started up fine but didn't want to run fer beans until it got nice and hot and only then I could get it rolling down the road. Then when tachin out 2nd gear to goto 3rd.....POW...sputter sputter.....POW!!! Freakin loud backfire out the tail pipes. So loud it sound like a cannon! So I ordered a rebuild kit from Summit and I'm sure it will be good to go again for another 5+ yrs of hard service.

Oh and another great tip would be to take a 3" piece of fuel line and fasten it to the float bowl vent tube located on the top fron of your carb. This will prevent flooding due to bumpy roads or super steep bouncy stuff causing the fuel from hte bowl to slosh up and out the vent tube.
    Great carb for me!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>

9. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I have the #1902. It's a great carb. Mornings starts are great. I'm using a divorced choke.

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]