Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Tech Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazin72, Dec 12, 2000.

1. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Oct 24, 2000
    Just got off the phone with Dave at Edelbrock tech dept.
    Been telling him what was going on with my carb.
    Instead of just saying there is no telling what you did when you had it apart he said He will send a package full of parts so I can start changing them out to see if it will help FREE OF CHARGE.
    He also said he would send me a new owners manual free of charge after I told him I lost mine.
    I just wanted it to be noted how he went out of his way to go through step by step on what I did to my carb to start eliminating all the possibilties.
    I told him about our web site and the message forumn and how there are a few running the edelbrock brand.
    He told me if any of us has a problem no matter what to call the tech line and ask for DAVE he is the only dave there.
    I have ran into alot of jerks in different tech departments and this was a relief to find someone who cares.
    Thought I would pass this on.
    PS I will let you know if it fixes my problems.

2. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

Dec 1, 2000
    I appreciate the info, i had a performer intake crack on me 2 months ago and i've been trying ot get it warranteed, but htey keep blowing me off, i had to finally buy a new one and hope i get reinbursted for it later, I'll have to give him a call and see if he can help.
  3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    Thats cool! I run an Edelbrock 1406 and so far its been the best carb I've had. Isn't it great when you find companies that'll do ya right?

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    My 1405 has been on 2 different trucks over the last 9 1/2 years and I have never regretted tossing the quadrajunk in the trash. The Performer is so easy to tune, clean, tear apart, etc. I may need that number tho cause its time for a rebuild kit for the old girl. Everythings getting a little looser than it was almost 10 yrs ago!
    Thanks for the info.

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>