Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock TES

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Oct 5, 2006.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I know several on here are running this system and I need to redo my exhaust as it is oval in shape full of holes and I passed my HC by 1 on my last smog so a new cat is in order. I have decided to make my own system with mandrel bends as I can not find anyone in the San Diego area that will mandrel bend exhaust. For the price the TES system I feel is pretty good since I have to stay smog legal and I do not want long tube as I have to run a cat and single exhaust. How are the headers and Y-pipe holding up for those that are running it. How does the Y fit compared to stock? Pictures would be great. I do not run inners so the spark plug issue will not be a problem for me:D . For those that are curious I am planning on the Edelbrock TES for 87 with air injection, that makes the Y pipe 2.5" then I will go with a single 3" high flow cat and a 3" super 40 and take that out behind the rear tire probably over the top of the leaf spring up by the frame. What setup are you running? I have searched but there is no data of how the system has held up over time just about the install and plug issues.

Thanks

Ira

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Not on a truck, but my friend has Edelbrock TES headers on his car, been there for years and still no leaks. FWIW

3. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

I have the TES headers on my 86 and love em,:D and I have them going into a three inch pipe and into a 40 series and exit behind the rear tire:wink1: I'll take some pics to post up:laugh:

4. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

I also have the TES's on my 90 Blazer w/out air injection. So far I'm pleased with them. They were a hell of a bitch to install though but now that there in no problems. they feed into an new hi flow cat and Flowmaster CAT back exhaust. The truck seems a lil more peepy but I really haven't done a MPG comparison. I got my TES's from Summit racing and honestly for the price I paid I couldn't do better locally. If you need a new exhaust I would totally suggest getting the TES's well worth the money just have help doing the install cuz you'll need it.

Dan..

5. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

I've got a set on my 91 sub. Plug access is tricky. For me, next time I'm going full length or build my own. Mine are not coated, but are still solid after 6 years. I suggest ceramic coating.