Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Torker II good for 4*4?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cochino12, Oct 21, 2004.

1. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

I might be picking up an Edelbrock Torker II manifold in trade for some stuff I am trying to sell. Is that a good intake for a DD K5? or would I be better off with a performer intake?

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

You would be much better off with the Performer. The Torker II is a single plane intake made more for high-RPM use.

I have never understood the Torker line of intakes.....the Performer RPM is good from 1500-6500rpm while the Torker II is good for 2500-6500rpm. So why not get the Perf RPM. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i wouldnt use it. i've got a performer i'll trade ya /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    I have never understood the Torker line of intakes.....the Performer RPM is good from 1500-6500rpm while the Torker II is good for 2500-6500rpm. So why not get the Perf RPM

[/ QUOTE ]

reason why you'd get a torker is if you dont care about performace below 2500, because even tho they have similar operating ranges,the torker will outperform the RPM above 3000 causs its a single plane.

4. cochino12

cochino12 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info guys

[ QUOTE ]
    i wouldnt use it. i've got a performer i'll trade ya /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Sure, if you need a set of 4:10 gears (10bolt)

[ QUOTE ]
    I have never understood the Torker line of intakes.....the Performer RPM is good from 1500-6500rpm while the Torker II is good for 2500-6500rpm. So why not get the Perf RPM

[/ QUOTE ]

reason why you'd get a torker is if you dont care about performace below 2500, because even tho they have similar operating ranges,the torker will outperform the RPM above 3000 causs its a single plane.

[/ QUOTE ]