Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock Tubular Exhaust

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ZK5, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ZK5

ZK5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have a set of Edelbrock's Tubular Exhaust manifolds installed on their rig? Did they make a noticble difference in torque or HP? Any problems with them rusting out or cracking?

Thanks

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone have a set of Edelbrock's Tubular Exhaust manifolds installed on their rig? Did they make a noticble difference in torque or HP? Any problems with them rusting out or cracking?

[/ QUOTE ]

i run edel tes on my 85s 350. I havent had my rig dynoed, so I dont really know if it has more hp or torque. Basically, my factory exhaust manifolds were TOAST and I needed to replace them with something street legal and inexpensive. The tes fit the bill. No probs so far, all I did for rust prevention was sandblast em and paint them with high temp exhaust paint (forget what the junk is called, comes in rattle cans from napa etc). Installation was no problem, and the bolts that hold the headers on seem to stay pretty snug as well, which is always nice. these headers are 100% street legal, and come with all the hookups for AIR etc.

j