Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

edelbrock tuned port?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by extremeblazer, Feb 1, 2001.

1. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

i have an 89 k5 w/ a 305. i bought a 350 and and i plan on doing a stock rebuild on the lower end. i wanted to know if anybody has used the edelbrock performer package for this or has used thier multipoint kit. i was originally planning on going w/ dart torquer heads, edelbrock intake, holley stock replacement tbi and a comp cam for towing. i don't know if i should spend the extra money and go w/ a better set of heads and the tuned port. any suggestions?anybody have any problems w/ either setup? if it helps any i have 342 gears and am running a set of 33's.i also have a 700r4 and a 208tcase.bottm line is i need more low end.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Might be actually less costly to go with GM TPI. Running that on my 406 (see site below for pics) and one reason was the reliability factor as well as parts availability if needed. Get the hardware (some guy has a TPI unit for sale cheap on the Parts for Sale board I believe) and a Painless Wiring harness and with the proper sensors it is a basic erector set.

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

3. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

A 305 was'nt avaliable in the blazer from 89-91 only the 350 and the 6.2.

4. extremeblazer

extremeblazer 1/2 ton status

YEA I KNOW.THE PREVIOUS OWNER PUT THIS DOG IN AND NOW I'M FIXING THEIR MISTAKE.