Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edelbrock VS. Original

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Is a rebuilt original qjet going to perform anywhere close to like a new Edelbrock Qjet? 2 of my friends have the Edelbrock and that thing is almost like fuel injection in the hills! I have an Edelbrock 1406 and it sucks...bogs out and dies on all hills and bumps. I also have an original qjet that I was thinking about having rebuilt and putting on my motor.
    Opinions?

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i bought a reman qjet for 200 bucks, and i have 0 complaints on it, 2 of my buddies have that same Edelbrock you have and they hate em

i used to have that Spendy ass Edelbrock Qjet the 1910 i belive, and either i never got it tuned right, or i got a crappy carb from the assembly line, or whatever, but that thing was the biggest PIA, POS, i have ever delt with, i ended up trading it and getting 200 dollars credit for my gear swap.

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

pulled out the old quad, sold it on ebay, dropped in a new edelbrock quad. Runs excellent. Cold starts are a breeze now. Just bolted right in with no problems.

4. Silver84k5

the 850 cfm one? do they make a different one?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

those edelbrock q-jets are so $pendy... i mean at some point you might as well just get real FI...

j

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am basically trying to figure out if I should just deal w/ the carb I have and wear it, or if I get that other Qjet rebuilt if it is going to be a better off road carb than what I have...cause I don't think it can get much worse...

7. Silver84k5

i would rebuild that q-jet, but since i have bad luck with rebuilding carbs (they never seem to work quite right)

i just bought a Reman from the parts store for 200 bones. it handles Bumps real well, and it handles Steep terrain good as well.

8. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Put the off-road needle seats in your Edelbrock and you won't stall out... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif