Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

edelbrock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigblueblazer, Sep 25, 2001.

1. bigblueblazer

bigblueblazer Registered Member

does anyone have a 750 edelbrock carb i got one i need to know about metering rods and how hard they are to meter down like putting smaller jets in a holley ive been told its to much for my 350 but i fdont really wanna trash it

if it dont smoke,guzzle gas or cost lots to fix it aint my chevy blazer.

2. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I have an eldebrock 800, but know nothing about changing metering rods, etc. However, I have been told a few times that the 800 is to much for a 350 also, but let me tell ya, i love it.
    Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

3. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

I'm assuming you have either a 1901 or 1902 Q-Jet (I have a 1904, 795 cfm, basically the same). I recently rebuilt mine and it is fairly easy once it's apart to change out the rods and jets. The only tricky part that takes a little time to do is the installation of the primary rod holder. It can be a bear to get the rods lined up in the jets and the gasket around the holder. Pay close attention to how it comes apart, because it always comes apart easier than it goes back together and don't damage the retainer ring (the kit doesn't supply a new one). You could also do it without a kit and just remove the airhorn to access the rods and jets, but why not rebuild it if you have it that far apart, especially if the gasket disintegrates.
    Edelbrock's website (www.edelbrock.com) has a p/n listing of rebuild kits and such for its Q-Jet lineup so that you can get the correct one from your local parts supplier.
    I also have my original instructions on tuning, troubleshooting, etc. if you'd like me to fax a copy of it to you. Let me know.

- Alan

'82 K10 Suburban Silverado (AKA U.S.S. Nimitz)

Terrorists are good for one thing...FERTILIZER

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I would try the carb first. A 750 edelbrock, afb, or quad generally isn't too bad depending on the mods to the motor, compression, etc. I have had friends that have used them on a 350 no problem... perfect match, but depends on what you got.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Burb,

i have the 1901 and it seems to have the floats a little low. cuold you send me the float height, if any on the rebuild specs.

ARQ.

offroad baja!!!
    1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/ArqDennis</a>

6. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

ARQ,

The instructions that I have are what originally came with my carb and cover the removal of the old, installation of the new, idle mixtue tuning procedure, and basic troubleshooting of the new carb. It doesn't say anything about float level adjustment (much to my dismay), nor does the rebuild kit come with any instructions or even an exploded view!
    My advice would be to call Edelbrocks Carb Help Line @ 800-416-8628 for that adjustment spec.
    Hope that helps!

- Alan

'82 K10 Suburban Silverado (AKA U.S.S. Nimitz)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!

7. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Float level should be 1/4" on your 1901.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison