Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

edelbrocl ias shocks?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 24, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

anyone running these and if so how do you like them? also what lengths do these shocks come in? i have a 4inch lift. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

since i assume nobody is running these shocks lets hear some shocks that you guys are pleased with? and lengths if its not to much.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Gabriels, G63438 in the rear, 30" long, 12" travel, super-inexpensive.

Going to run them up front with Ford towers, too.

G63437 will fit in the front mount and work with a 4" lift so says the manufacturer.

I don't think any standard type shock is worth what they want for the Edelbrocks so no experience with them.

4. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

were are gabriels sold? and are they a good riding shock? post a url if you have one.

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I have the IAS stuff on my Malibu and love them!

Those shocks kick butt on a sports car, I'm just not sure what they would do for a 4x4.
    They ride really nice when I'm just bumming around town, but if I get into some high speed turns and such they seem to stiffen up really quick and make the car handle a hundred times better.
    The only problem I had with them was they aren't too hard to blow out. I've replaced the rear ones twice already on the car. But it has always been under warrenty so no biggie.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    were are gabriels sold? and are they a good riding shock? post a url if you have one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many stores stock Gabrial shocks. Autozone is a big one, although most any Auto parts store will carry either Gabrial or Monroe.