Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

*EDIT* I'm an idiot who still needs a part number!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lance, May 21, 2003.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

*EDIT* I\'m an idiot who still needs a part number!

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I am trying to adapt my tranny cooler lines to my aux. cooler. The tranny cooler lines are 5/16" diameter tubing with a male flare fittingon the end (similar to rigid brake lines) and I am adapting to -6 hose from my cooler.

EDIT:
    <font color="blue"> My tubing is a JIC fitting (idiot part). It is a thread spec of 1/2" by 20 and it needs to adapt to -6 hose or hose fitting. Trying to avoid a barbed fittings. </font> If you have a part number or know someplace to look it up will be greatly appreciated.

I have tried a couple of speed shops and have gotten three different fittings and each time it has been the wrong one.

Thanks in advance,

Lance

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Re: HELP!! I need a part number!

If you haven't done it already, try a hydraulics place. The combo of inverted flare to AN nipple might prevent it from being a on the shelf piece but a hydraulics place should be able to get it.

FYI - the hydraulics places sell "JIC" stuff, not AN. The two are very similar (a few degrees difference in the seat angle) and will interchange although the shop might tell you no (a case of CYA).

3. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the tip! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I hadn't thought of that.

I called Earl's and Russell both trying to get part numbers from them. Both companies indicated they did not carry such a part and I would have to go from a compression to AN. This option isn't to pleasing to me considering I just paid big money in order to get some steel braided tranny lines with the correct fittings to fit my radiator heat exchanger.

Soooo....I took your advice and called Motion Industries (local hydro place) and they are going to see if one is available to them in either AN or JIC. I'll keep my fingers crossed and let you know what I come up with.

Thanks again,

Lance

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Motion Ind. is a good place, lots of neat stuff! Unfortunately, the stores I've been in don't have a lot of hydraulic stuff in stock. There is a local place here that is a Parker Fitting distributor, they have a large retail area with lots of fittings. Maybe someone in B'ham has a similar set up?

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think what you are looking for is an Earls #991946ERL, this fitting has 1/2"-20 on one end and -6 on the other end for 5/16 tube inverted flare. It is listed in their book as a fitting commonly used for power steering/fuel pump.

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I ordered that fitting from SpeedSouth. It has a male end on it. I need a female inverted flare. Thanks for looking and if you find one PLEASE let me know. I haven't heard anything back from the hydro place I tried yesterday. I'm gonna try and call them a little later. Hopefully they found something.

Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Lance