Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Editorial in Paper about my SRT unit

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

We Had a 15 year old boy killed by a 40 year old man resulting in a dispute over some flowers. Due to the flaring tempers from both familys, we were called in to secure the jail while he was booked in. This was wrote by a newspaper colomnist after watching us all arrive and do our thing.

SHERIFFS DEPT’S SRT APPEARS WELL TRAINED

If Friday nights course of events is any indication, the Scott county sheriffs dept special response unit, is well-equipped and well prepared to serve scott county in in circumstances where traditional law enforcement efforts are sufficient.

With tempers flaring and news of death of a minor spreading like wildfire in the local community, the sheriffs dept felt it nessacary to call in the SRT, which was deployed for the first time since its creation in april 2004. The unit wasn’t acting in the traditional sense of a swat team; they weren’t attempting to rescue a hostage or subdue a barriacaded criminal. Instead they were protecting the suspected criminal from potential retaliation from vigilanties in the community who were outraged by the nature of the alleged crime.

Within minutes of being called into action Friday, members of the SRT had assembled themselves at the sheriffs office in Huntsville, awaiting their next command. As the suspect was prepared for transport back to the sheriffs office, the unit set up a perimeter around the department that would likely have been difficult to penetrate. Fortunatly all remained calm at the sheriffs office through out the evening hours on Friday, and the SRTs full efectivness wasn’t realized. But watching the team in action was impressive. The members of the Unit are well trained- According to Sheriff Carson they have received training from Federal agencies, train 8 hours each month on their own time, and use own money to purchase turn out gear the county cant afford to provide- And appreantly well prepared. The officers we spoke too at the sheriffs office on Friday were professional an courteous. And they undertook their task at hand with a certain seriousness that left little doubt that they were prepared to act if needed.

It took a full year after the development of the SRT for the units response to be needed. Hopefully, it will be much longer then that before it is needed again. But, after seeing this team in action on Friday, there is little doubt that if and when a situation arises, Scott county’s citizens can rest assured that the SRT is well equipped and well prepared to handle it.

Longrangeshooter.jpg

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's really kool. Bad situation though. Amazing how things get out of hand so quickly over nothing sometimes.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That rocks. The only time any of our local departments make the front page is when they need to suck off the public.....................

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

all i can say is :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :bow: :bow: :bow:

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Let me show you how this would have been covered in California

SHERIFFS DEPT’S SRT OVER REACTS

If Friday night’s course of events is any indication, the fictitious county sheriff’s dept special response unit, is foaming at the mouth and well prepared to deploy at the drop of a hat in fictitious county in any circumstances where traditional law enforcement efforts would normally have been sufficient.

With tempers flaring and news of a senseless death of a minor spreading like wildfire in the local community, the sheriff’s dept completely over reacted and decided to call in the SRT, which was deployed for the first time since its creation in April 2004. The unit wasn’t acting in the traditional sense of a swat team; they weren’t attempting to rescue a hostage or subdue a barricaded criminal. Instead they were preening about in their intimidating military type uniforms, reminding us of what an oppressive society we live in, scaring law abiding citizens, and reminding us of the fascist totalitarian police state we have degenerated into.

Within minutes of being called into action Friday, members of the SRT had assembled themselves at the sheriff’s office in Fictitiousville, awaiting their next command. As the suspect was prepared for transport back to the sheriff’s office, the unit set up an impregnable perimeter around the department that would likely have been difficult to penetrate. Fortunately all remained calm at the sheriff’s office through out the evening hours on Friday, and the SRTs dream of lashing out with violence wasn’t realized. But watching the team in action was intimidating nevertheless. The members of the Unit are just itching to put the wood to some unsuspecting citizen just trying to enjoy their Constitutional rights. According to Sheriff Carson they have received training from covert black ops type Federal agencies, train 8 hours each month on their own time (or so they claim), and in typical gung-ho testosterone riddled fashion, use own money to purchase turn out gear the county in their wisdom chose not to provide. The officers we spoke too at the sheriff’s office on Friday were clearly agitated that they didn’t get to lay the smack down on free speech exercising citizens. Despite the fact that they undertook their task at hand with a certain seriousness that left little doubt that they were prepared to act if needed, another useless confrontation was avoided due to the clear headed thinking of the public choosing not to provoke these Neanderthals.

It took a full year after the development of the SRT for the unit’s response to be needed. Hopefully, it will be much longer then that before it is needed again. But, after seeing this team in action on Friday, there is little doubt that if and when a situation arises, Fictitious county’s citizens can rest assured that the SRT will be chomping at the bit to beat, pepper spray, or even shoot any hapless victim that gets in their way given the slightest provocation. Fictitiousville citizens can express their outrage at this wanton display of force and waste of taxpayers money at next month’s Save Mumia/Rescue the Spotted Owl/No Justice, No Peace/No Clearcutting/Al Gore Fan Club/Holistic Enema and Colonic Rally held at the People’s Park.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha:

If it had been our local rag, they would have made sure to print the names of each team member, very possibly with home addresses and a complete play by, following each team member the whole time so they could retrace their steps in the article.

Of course I guess I have to rant. We all know that sometimes, the relationship between us and the media can be somewhat strained due to several factors that we don't need to mention.

My first paragraph is a pretty accurate example of what our rag pulls. This comes from a trial they recently covered. Now let me preface all of this by saying I don't believe that our local journalists own the skills to be called junior high journalism wannabes, but I could be somewhat jaded from my own experiences. The defendant was looking at several decades with the state if he plead guilty and if he went to trial, he was looking at several centuries with the state. The paper covered it front page for the two days the trial was going on. I caught the second one, which proclaimed the jury finding this guy guilty.

Well anyway, the writer of this piece wrote, and it was printed, front ****ing page; details of the operation that landed this guy behind bars. I'm not talking details like what he was accused of and where, but details of what the undercovers did during the operation, like how one of them had a job somewhere for this operation. Not only did they print that, but they also printed the names of the undercovers who ran the operation.

I don't know about the rest of you, but after reading that bit of crap, I pretty much decided that if they ever approach me for comment, my boss is the perfect PR rep and I really don't need the public learning that I like listening to Enya and NWA on the XM in my patrol car. :D