Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edlbrock shorty headers??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dleroy43, May 13, 2004.

1. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I bought a set but they dont bolt up to the Ypipe. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif My stock Y pipe bolt circle 2.5" and the edlbrock are 2.25" So now I need to decide to send them back to get my money and keep the stock exhaust, buy the TES system and hope it "bolts in" or get full lenth headers and build a new dual system. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

personally I would not run shorty headers. The gains you get are only at the upper rpm, whereas tri-y's (thorleys, $$$ but worth it in my opinion) and full length headers get you gains at low and mid rpm where you need it in a truck. Since you are open to sending them back I say do that, get a set of thorleys or full length headers, and build a custom setup.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

The TES system for your rig will bolt right in no problem. The reason the headers dont fit is because Edelbrock does not make headers for the 87-91 SFA Blazers and Subs. The ones you got were prolly for an IFS truck. They wont work on a SFA Blazer or Sub.

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

ah good catch, i didnt even notice it was an 89 lol.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm not a fan of anything with the Edelcrap name on it. I would go for the Thorley TRI-Y's. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've had a set of the TES headers on my S-Jimmy since '94 or so. They fit perfectly and are holding up well. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not a fan of anything with the Edelcrap name on it

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious.... but why do you keep repeating yourself? i think we all know this by now /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

Edlebrock does make TES for "our" 89. I have the TES on my 89 K5. Bolted right up.
    No problems.
    They have been on my Blazer since 1999. I have a Gibson cat back since 94. It will work.

9. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The main problem I have is the cost of shipping parts to and from the states. But I may sell them on german ebay get most the money back. How much work vs the actual power gained from the TES or new dual system ?? Is it worth it?