Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Edlebrock Q-jets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Has anybody ever bought one of the remanufactured Jet performance Q-jets (if so, what stage...1,2, or 3) and what were/are your experiences?
    Also has anybody ever bought one the Edlebrock replacement Q-jets, and if so what were/are your experiences?

Thanks in advance.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

2. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i have the 1904 q-jet replacement. and i can't get it to stop flooding out. i still working on it. but other than this i love it. its never stalled or booged out. and it has run better than any of my other q-jets

i blew my main seal.
    now my brain leaks

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What do you mean by flooding out? Is only on slopes, at startup, or everyday in your driveway? Sorry but I am seriously considering the 1904 or 1906 and want as much feedback as possible.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I bought the #1904 brand new also. Its currently on my 454 and I love it. It's way better than the old stock Q-Jet it replaced. Definitely with these Edelbrock stuff, you truly do get what you pay for! [​IMG]

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

5. JunkYardCrawler

ok its sitting in my drive way. its running way rich. it use to have a miss do to it running so rich. its dumping gas into my oil. and i have it leaned all the way out. they are supost to have weld plugs on the bottem of them that start to leak. i have j-b welded them up. i have no idea how many miles are on it or how old it is. it came on the truck.

i blew my main seal.
    now my brain leaks

6. JunkYardCrawler

i do like it. i think it is way better than any q-jet i have had. and this is the only prob i have had with it. i have had alot worse probs with my q-jets and holleys. so i say if you want to spend the money on it go for it. i like it.

i blew my main seal.
    now my brain leaks