Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EFI fuel sender to carb

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dave_90_blazer, Jan 10, 2004.

1. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

will a carb fuel sender/pickup fit a EFI tank(90) ?

I have a highway speed cruise problem that is fixed by filling the tank, I think it is pulling fuel through the old in-tank pump(since I bought) and it seems as though the bowl in the carb is going dry at sustained 70mph+ cruise, since it will stum ble for a second, then run good for a few, then stumble again, this was a t about 3/8 tank, it was fixed when I topped off the tank, then it ran fine

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

this is easy fix, simply remove unti and replace pump with length of 3/8" emissions gas hose and clamp it good and put unit back in tank and youre done, also you might want ot check fuel pump on engine and all lines and hoses and carb float adjustment, i bet it is one of those and not becaus eof pump being on fuel unit still. sound sliek you are having higher RPM fuel delivery problem and that usually happens only when pump is worn or when a line or hose is crimped or something else bad somewhere