Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EFI on a 78

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by exrider, Nov 4, 2004.

1. exrider

exrider Registered Member

Heys guys I just got back from my first trip to the sand dunes this season and took the Blaze for its first long haul/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. There was only one problem, it could not go very far without stoppin for gas/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif. So my question is, has anyone replaced the carb for some fuel injection? If so, was it difficult, could a weekend mechanic be able to tackle this one? Finally, who would suggest to purchase from and how much is to much to spend?

Thanks, for now my beast sits in the garage waiting for gas prices to go down.

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I've done it. It's rather simple if you are fully prepared before you start. Meaning, you have every part needed and have thought it out. A return line to the tank is the most difficult, I suppose. The last one I did, I put a T fitting in the 5/8 breather hose to the gas cap and used an external fuel pump. No tank pulling /cheer

I have 100% of everything you need to convert carb to TBI, PM me if interested. You could also check ebay but be carefull of the complete setups. I don't think I have ever seen one that is truely 100% complete. Most of them are missing, at least, half of the sensors, components that came with stock GM fuel injection.

3. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

Go for it, It's a very big improvement over that rotten carb. The part that took the longest for me was the wiring and that I had to use a ladder to climb in the engine that sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif