Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EFI tech

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by Jonny-K5, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

my truck seems to run rich when its cold. thats what it sounds/feels like anyway. clears up as soon a i go down the road a little,but if i start it up and let it idle in the morning it sounds crappy. i started having this problem when i was messing with the throttle body,swapping back and forth between the stocker and a holley. did the same thing with both units. only thing that changed was a installed a TBI spacer from CFM tech. so i guess ever since i put that on ive had this problem. could that causs this condition?

what sensors does the computer read when the engine is cold? is it closed loop or open loop at cold startup? i forget. thanks in advance.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Open loop when cold/started up.

One of the main culprits for cold vehicle issues is the temp sender for the ECM. Pretty easy to test if you've got a scanner or winALDL.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah beings it had the same problem with both throttle bodys. It may be the coolant temp sensor.

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

cool beans. isnt that sensor on the intake manifold infront of the throttle body?

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yup right next to the t-stat housing