Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Efile with the IRS online FREE through H & R Block

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 20, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just figured out why my Turbo Tax refund was smaller... And in the process, found that I can do what I did with turbo tax by instead going here http://www.irs.gov/efile/, choosing "individual", then "Free Filing Services", "Start Now", then choosing HR Block.
    I went through the same process on HR Block's site that I did in Turbo Tax's, except, I guess because I linked in through the IRS, it was free.

Once you link through to the HR Block site, choose "Efile your return at no additional charge", and follow the steps.

It looks like they slip in two pay services that you have to NOT choose near the end (tax consultant and efiling your state return simultaneously), and the filing process hits you with like 5 confirmations, which was a little annoying. But in the end, I paid nothing, my return is filed for the same amount I worked out on paper, and the moneky's off my back... I wish I did this in january, that's 3 months of interest I missed out on now...

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Hey, thanks buddy, just did my very own taxes for the firrrrrrrrrstttt timeeeeeeeee

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Awww....

I've used H&R Block the last two years that I've been doing my own taxes... so far it's been easy, since I don't have any deductions or anything... this year apperantly will be different because I'm going to school and I'll have some deductions...

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I'm waiting for the men in black suits to face me and my blades and bullets

"YOU IMROPERLY FILED!"

"WHATAHAHAH!?"

Maybe I'll buy myself another gun....... or maybe I'll pay my damn bills....

Had one of them 1099 MISC files things, $1000 of writing