Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EFILive?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Jun 2, 2005.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Has anyone used EFILive's V4 OBD1 software? Looks like a really user friendly, updated version of WinALDL.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Maybe slightly better eye candy, but tunerpro is free, and if you want to donate, Mark is a great guy.

The problem with winALDL (and the early truck TBI ECM's) is that they are 160 baud, and don't update fast enough to be very accurate.

3. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've already bought the Tunercat tuning software, but was thinking of using the scanner aldl software from EFILive as it looks a lot easier to read than WinALDL as I don't really understand all the numbers from that system.I need to figure out what the engine/fueling is doing before I start trying to burn chips.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Never messed around with tunercat.

I agree, columns in winALDL are a bit foreign to me, I like tunerpro because there is a lot more people using it currently that comment on it at thirdgen.org, so I think that overall you'll have a better chance of figuring out what each piece of data means. I'm excited to try tunerpro once my truck is back up and running. Heck, I was excited to get winALDL working! :)