Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Code

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Mar 24, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I keep getting an egr code, code 32, on my blazer. I recently changed the thermostat and hoses. In the process i found that the pcv hose was disenegrated. Before doing this i got the code and poor idle. The truck would rev up and then bog down over and over at idle. Since doing this it has idled perfect but i'm still getting the code after diconecting the battery to clear the codes. I'm told that the egr doesn't do anything after idle. The stumper is that while accelerating from 30mph or so the engine will accelerate fast then lose all power the accelerate again while holding constant throttle position. If this is the egr it shouldn't be doing this. I've heard of there being a control module for the egr, could this be bad and causing it to kick in and out when it isn't supposed to? I don't want to change the egr untill i know it is bad becuase i've heard bad things about aftermarket egr's. Anybody that can help me with this please do. I'm stumped.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Try pulling off your EGR valve and cleaning it. There may be a piece of carbon or something keeping it partially open.
    Also check out all your vacume lines. if your PVC hose was bad chances are the vacume lines could be cracked too.

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I found a line coming off the back of the intake manifold that was bad so i changed that also. Is there really a control module for the egr i've heard there is and i've heard there isn't. Too many modules to know what's what.