Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

Truck throws SES code 32 during highway driving. Idles fine. Sometimes it runs strong, sometimes weak, but I can't seem to find a pattern. Checked EGR by pushing diaphragm at idle, EGR passed. Replaced solenoid. Clear ECM, truck still throwing the code. Could my valve still be bad?
    AW

2. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You might try taking the EGR valve off and cleaning it, sometimes they get fouled up.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

When you pushed on the diaphram did it kill the engine? It should.
    You also need to see if the valve will hold a vacum with a mighty vac...my 79 threw a cel last night....as i slowed down it went out. After i stopped and shut it off it would not restart...after eating dinner and a quick peek under the hood it started....but when i got home it wouldn't start agin. This afternoon i hooked up my scanner and had a hard fault of 32....egr circuit....my valve held a vacum...so i replaced the egr solenoid with a spare...unhooked the batt and cleared the code.....then road tested the truck with the scanner it road test mode....no problems since.

Azblazer

4. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

to clean them egr valves you gotta hit the thing with a hammer right? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif