Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Question *With Pic*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jc71355, Sep 15, 2002.

1. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I've been getting a code 32 intermittenly for awhile. I decided to put vacuum plugs on the EGR and the piece that that the vacuum line goes before the EGR(the silenoid maybe?) Well I didn't get a code for about a week and it came on again and the engine was a dog. Does this mean that the problem is in the silenoid or whatever that is before the egr and not the EGR it'self? I ran it for a couple of weeks like that and I only had a problem once. I also noticed that the engine revved much better and when the rpm's came down it did so much smoother than with the EGR hooked up.

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Re: EGR Question

Here is a Pic of the part that I'm asking about.

[​IMG]

3. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That almost sounds like the EGR is stuck open. At Idle they are closed. They come on about 1500 rpm. The light may have come on because the computer is expecting that EGR to open and see a different reading on the O2 and then readjust for it. Since it wasn't seeing it it's possible it went into limp mode. Reset the computer and see what happens. With it idling hook the EGR to straing vacuum so it will open. Should cause it to run real bad, might even stall. If it doesn't change then it's bad. Might be stuck open and cause your poor idle.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can also just stick your finger into the side of the EGR valve when the truck is idling and force it to open manually. If it's closed, when you push it open the engine will stumble and want to die. </font color>

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Thank Ya'll I'll try that /forums/images/icons/grin.gif