Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Question????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the fall guy, Jan 5, 2005.

1. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

last year i put on a Holley 670 on my k5...in doing so I took out my egr vavle and put a stopper on the hole on the intake...a few mechanics told me that my knocking (timing is dead on) is because of that. So my question to you is were exactly do the hoses for the egr go. Unfortunately I didn't keep that in mind when I took it off. If anyone knows a good web page with a detailed map on the vacuum lines for a 85 305 it would be great.
    :confused:

2. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

I'd find a new mechanic, someone that has worked with modified cars and trucks. Keep in mind that there have been millions of pre EGR vehicles produced that ran fine without it. And most aftermarket intake manifolds do not have a provision for EGR.

3. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

I can tell you that edelbrock makes a plate to fit the egr on the manifold with that tbi because i had to put one on my 355 4 days ago. for some reason holley makes their manifolds and tbis so they can put a stock replacement label on it but we still have to spend another 100 bucks on adapters.

On an 88 350 the vacuum line goes straight from the back of the tbi to the egr valve, then one from the egr solenoid to the front of the tbi. Holley gives u the vacuum diagrams with the tbi but if u lost it u can call them or get a chilton manual with all the wiring schematics and vacuum diagrams. I have one and put together the whole efi 355 myself and im only 17.

Did you have to buy an adapter for the throttle?

4. the fall guy

the fall guy Registered Member

Yes I did....mr. gasket. I was talking to a mechanic and he said that the knocking I get is from my egr...i dunno. I geuss i'ii just try to look it up and find something...thanks