Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR spacer plate part number

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dirtynails, Feb 8, 2007.

1. dirtynails

dirtynails Registered Member

Recently we talked about a fitment problem with the EGR valve sitting right up against the stock valve cover. An additional spacer plate would be needed if you wanted to be able to fit some other valve cover that might be slightly taller. You might even need more than one more spacer plate to fit some valve covers. Well at that time I didn't think the part was available new and probably hard to find used. Now I have found out the dealership can order the part for you. It is for the EGR with the triangular base and the part number is: 14031368 This goes on my 83 Blazer with a small block and a carb not fuel injection. I hope this my help someone else.

2. 85mudbogger

85mudbogger 1/2 ton status

how thick of a spacer do you need to clear the vc? its very easy to fab that part i did it with a torch and a 1/4inch of steel and some rvt silicone and 2 longer bolts. oh and a grinder to make it look pretty and not like it did from the torch haha. if you have a piece of steel i would do it that way instead of payin for it or just block it off and get rid of it

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

factory...

I've used the factory spacer plates from 70's small blocks to "jack up" the EGR valve,in order to "miss" aftermarket carbs or valve covers..my '73 307 and a '75 Monte Carlo 350 motor I had came with factory spacers under the EGR valve..

I used one as a block off plate by putting sheet metal under it,when my Edelbrock Performer carb would simply NOT fit with an EGR valve in place...Edelbrock sells the spacers too,but it is pretty simple to make one,using the EGR gasket as a template--or you could sawsall the base off an old EGR valve instead.....:crazy: