Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Spacer

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by btolenti, Aug 15, 2005.

1. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I know this is a shot in the dark since most people keep their EGR no matter what, but here goes....

I need 2 EGR spacers like the ones shown in the picture. I am trying to swap a TBI onto my rig and need these so that the EGR clears the IAC wiring.

Thanks...

d4_1_b.JPG

2. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

TTT! Anyone?!?!?! :(

3. FWP

FWP CRS

I have one. Also have the 1" raised, 90* clocking spacer. Question: Why do you need to have a spacer(s)? My SBC TBI converted engine still has the EGR, no spacer needed to clear IAC.

4. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Any pics of your setup???? Maybe there is something I am missing...or your EGR valve might be somewhat different than mine...

I have the TBI mounted on my stock quadrajet intake via an adapter from summit..... The IAC is pointed right at my EGR valve. I bought the edelbrock adapter that you talk about, but there are still clearance issues...

5. FWP

FWP CRS

Ah, gotcha, I see why you have clearance problems. I used the TBI intake manifold, so my EGR isn't in the way. Anyway, do you want the 1/4 thick spacer I have (Just like the one in your pic)?

Another thought, you could make spacers out of some flat steel fairly easily.

6. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Sure! I will take all I can get.... You want me to paypal you some money for it?