Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Valve Removal

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KMH87K5, May 15, 2002.

1. KMH87K5

KMH87K5 Registered Member

Need to replace this. How do you remove it? Any help would be appreciated

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

There simply two bolts that hold it to the manifold. Remove those bolts and it comes off. Depending on your intake manifold, you may have to remove your valve covers to get at the bolts and/or remove the valve. Need more help, give me some more specifics of exactly the problem you are having.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

One of the bolts is kinda hard to get to,but when you remove both of them the valve just falls off.

4. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

On mine, both of the bolts were hard to get to but luckily one i got them started I was able to turn them with my fingers. I think the body lift made it more difficult.

5. KMH87K5

KMH87K5 Registered Member

Thanks for the help. The truck runs like crap when it is connected, so i disconnected it so it ran good. I tried to push the plunger up on it but couldn't budge it. When I remove it, can I clean it or should I just replace it. The blazer is due for inspection at the end of this month. It is 87 K5 350

6. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

they run about $70 or so from the dealer. I would just replace it if you know that is the problem. Fairly cheap and easy to do.

7. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Just replace it, I had a problem with my first Camaro with the idle, I pulled it off and put some grease on it. Worked for a while but since it's on the top of the engine over all the heat, it just made a mess of the grease.

Later, Shane