Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EGR Valves

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Nov 21, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well my luv blew the pipe leading to the egr clean off. I know have a couple of opptions. 1: get one custome made 2: go through w wreking yard and find one or 3: Plug it off. Im just wondering if it will hurt my engine if i simply plug the egr off. If i do what will it do and what does one do exactly when opperational? Thanks in advance.

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

are you talking about the 3" round vac operated device bolted to the intake on the passenger's side with 2 bolts with 3/8's heads on them.. the "pipe" that conects to mine is just a vac hose. maybe they differ on which year rig they came on? i'am just not sure were talking of the same thing.. i got mine at napa for 70 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (years ago).

as far as function i think its for emissions, EGR stands for exhuast gas return...

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pics or maybe a better description of what you're talking about? All the egr valve's I've seen just bolt to the intake and have a single vacuum line running to it. Apparently yours must be different.