Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EJS trails (Maybe too early)

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by DaveCowley, Jan 27, 2004.

1. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

Hey just wondering what the plan is for the ORD crew this year at EJS I mean it is still a few months away but hey I am starting to get excited. I wanted to spend some time with some GM rigs while I'm down there with all those jeeps.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Never to early...i live in junction co.....90 miles away and i've been thinkin about lookin for a camp site and gettin some time off from the shop in order all ready...with all this dan cold weather this year EJS is sounding really good!!!

Doug W.

3. FWP

FWP CRS

Doug, Hook me up with a place to stay. I'm going this year (1st time to EJS), you know the rest of the story /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Dave, watching you go up Dump-Bump at BB03 was great, like a pro /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Dave makes a lot of people look foolish down there.

I don't have firm plans yet other than knowing that we'll run trails mon, tues, wed, then be in our booth the rest of the week. I like running Gold Bar Rim that week, and like running Pritchett and Hell's Revenge also, just because it's a good mix of hard stuff and not so hard stuff and especially on Hell's Revenge they're mixed up nicely so "soft core" rigs can come along and have fun and watch the optional hard stuff.
    Any other ideas?

5. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

add me to the list and thanx for the info on the springs steve. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Doors allways open fred. Main problem is finding a place to stay in Moab...otherwise its between a 1.5 hour to 2 hour drive between junction and moab.Maybe since bobzilla is heading out again this year we can all use the chalet as home base....and wheel from there...allthough i can't take all week off from work...i can do a couple of days. And one day you will want to chaeck out the manufacturers displays etc....lots of cool eye candy to see all the time down there in EJS week...from mild to wild...its all there and then some. If you have bob's number keep in contact with him on this and i'll call him saturday to get things started in the planning department. The engine for the chalet is built and ready to drop in minus one tbi unit thats in az gettin new throttle shafts....plus waiting for a warmer than 20 degree weekend day with no family shiz goin on to drop the new motor in.

Maybe stephen can make some suggestions on where we might be able to stay...places get scarce the day after ejs is over the following year!

DW

7. PJTPW

PJTPW 1/2 ton status

Definately Pritchett and Hell's Revenge. Upper Helldorado would be fun too for the more built rigs.

I'm planning on some night runs too if I can round up some people to go out. Don't know what times your booth closes Stephen, but it might make for more wheeling.

Ryan

8. Stephen

I'm working on scheduling everything this week, so I should have a better idea of what's going on which day by the end of the week. There should be some cool coverage.....

9. DaveCowley

I still haven't run golden spike yet and long to. So if you put that on the list do it for mon, tue, or wed. I'm spending Sun - Sun this year, it seems like we stay longer every year. I'm like a kid in a candy store and can't wait but those other trails listed are good ones so I'm always down for Pritchett(My Personal Favorite) just let me know as every year and I'll have at least one or two jeeps following me around if that's ok too. I'm glad some people agree with me that it is never too early to think about EJS.

10. Stephen

We usually don't do the full Spike trail due to time constraints during EJS but we always run to the crack and back which hits the best terrain on the Spike trail, both ways. We can play on the crack, the whammy, golden stairs, all kinds of good stuff. It's one of my favorites. I should have the schedule set a little later this week. For one of the trips, you might need to leave the jeeps behind. In fact, I'll be leaving Wally behind and driving the Sub...

11. DaveCowley

Well they would be heart broken but I'll see what they say. Anyway taking Gold Bar up to the crack would be fun I have never done the golden stairs or the crack. I think being on the trail with the sub would be cool. Have you locked it up at all yet? If you think Wally is a boat anchor then you got another thing coming in that Sub.

12. Stephen

Yeah, it's detroit'd in the rear. I have a lockright for the front that I don't want to put in, and another front axle with an ARB that I'm considering putting in but so far it does what it needs to do given it's use and budget. I've taken it across the whole Spike trail without any problems, messed around on Hell's revenge, etc and it works well for those kind of trails. I may leave it alone, despite the fact that I'm really itching to build it the same as Wally before TTC. 37's, 6" total lift, custom springs, nice shocks, crossover steering, Doubler, bumpers, winch, cool motor and trans, cage, etc.
    It would be fun but it does the job now, mostly since I have wally to do all the harder stuff.
    It is weird driving the sub, I have to really pay attention or I drove over and into stuff with the rear of the truck.

13. DaveCowley

Stephen I think you are a seriously sick man. I could only hope to dream up some of the things you do but that should be interesting and a good truck for advertising your products. TTC might be out of the question but now they got this thing called Real Truck Challenge and that might be your ticket. I guess the wheelbase helps make up for the fact that it is a led sled. At one time I thought about buying a suburban but I was gonna lower it airbag it and throw a massive stereo in it for my tow rig. Keep us posted on the EJS developments. I'll be around.

14. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Stephen,
    have you guys set a game plan / schedule for EJS? I've got to finalize my travel plans for Easter, and although I won't be able to stay for the whole event, it sure would be fun to meet you and the ORD crew again - michael

15. Stephen

We'll be on the trails mon-wed, then in a booth.
    Monday, gold bar rim-down to the crack
    Tues, ?? Not set yet, finding out where a couple other big runs are going.
    Wed, Hell's Revenge

Should be pretty fun stuff.

16. Stephen

Trails and times are set and I'll be sending the registration letters out on monday.
    Mon, Gold Bar Rim/Golden Crack
    Tues Pritchett
    Wed, Hell's Revenge

There will be cool coverage.

17. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Stephen,

It doesn't look like I will have my 1Ton YJ ready for EJS. As you know my doubler is going into Frisbie's Suburban /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gifand I won't have a Transfer Case in time. Maybe we can visit you this summer some time?

All,

Have fun and travel safe. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. Stephen

I don't know if you'll be able to hang with us anymore, but you're welcome to ride along....
    OK, maybe you can be our token jeep guy.
    Get it done this summer and we'll go break it in montrose or 21 rd or something.

One thing's for sure, you need to get out to EJS at some point, just to see it.
    See you later.